What You Can Expect
First and foremost, you can expect to be treated with first class service by our expert and compassionate team.
For New Patients:
- Free Informational seminar
- Initial consultation with your bariatric team, includes:
- Meet with our nurse manager will help you complete your detailed history of medical and weight loss attempt history.
- Executive level physical is completed which includes physician exam, discussion of your surgical options, benefits and risks. Review necessary consulting services to gain clearance for surgery such as: psychological evaluation, dietary requirements, cardiovascular, pulmonary, GI, and any areas deemed necessary for safety purposes and to assess that you are fit enough to participate in the surgery.
- Obtain tentative surgery date that day.
- Our nurse case manager will personally guide you through the executive level physical process. We will review our plans with your personal physician.
- Priority appointments with consulting physicians provided.
- Once you’ve completed the executive level physical our administrative team works with your insurance company to qualify you. And because of our experience, we have a high rate of approval from insurance companies.
- Scheduling your surgery – we will schedule your pre-admission testing and the date for surgery.
- Dr. Strom will review your preoperative tests, explain the surgery again along with risks and benefits, and obtain your consent.
- You will meet with our dietician to review postoperative diet requirements.
- Your surgery will take place.
- Postoperative surgical care – bi-weekly visits with your surgeon and nutritionist in your first three months after surgery to ensure that you are on the road to living a healthier life.